This Page

has been moved to new address

Neighborhood ASS

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Art Ravels: Neighborhood ASS

Art Ravels

Arts and Culture Unwound

Monday, July 20, 2009

Neighborhood ASS

In the spirit of neighborhood patriotism, I thought I should do a little gallery research beyond LaViolaBank, Heist, the intermittent Reena Spaulings, little Dispatch--all within a 2 block radius just in my little corner of the world.

Artlog has thorough neighborhood gallery maps which led me to the Asia Song Society, or ASS, as they like to call themselves. At times in Chinatown there are issues with odd translation, so I thought this might be one of those times.

Until I saw the poster for their most recent exhibition:


I recommend reading the fine print. I have no idea what's really going on here, but it made my day.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger William Evertson said...

Well, I feel better about throwing Butholesurfers on the cd player.

July 20, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Well that will grab your attention huh! haha

July 20, 2009 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Art said...

LOL

If you go to the website, make sure the sound on your computer is up so you can listen to the song.

July 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM  
Blogger ArtChick1 said...

I saw it...but I didn't believe it...and I couldn't read it in passing. Thx for this!

July 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Sebastian Anthony said...

I love the way it grabs your attention and then leaves you with a lingering sensation of 'what the...?'

July 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home