This Page

has been moved to new address

Open Water Diver

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Art Ravels: Open Water Diver

Art Ravels

Arts and Culture Unwound

Monday, January 18, 2010

Open Water Diver



I am an Open Water Diver, at least according to PADI. That means I passed my written exams and did 4 dives. On the last one, I wasn't sure I was going to make it back to the surface. I figured I would have a heart attack after seeing a barracuda as long as I am.



Other island hazards:



You can only assume the mechanic of this grounded beer plane was also responsible for attaching these windshield wipers.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations my fellow PADI diver! Well done!
Oh, those silvery barracudas with their steely, staring eyes...

January 18, 2010 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger William Evertson said...

I could never equalize pressure in my ears: I'm envious (also of your ability to confront barracudas, although we need pix to determine the amount of your exaggeration)

January 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger LG said...

I remember seeing my first barracuda on a night dive shortly after my certification. That was scary shit!
Congrats, Linnea!

January 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Ok, it wasn't as big as me. So maybe 4'6? Seriously, it was gigantic.

Nor did I confront it. We just looked at each other as I slowly swam away.

Keeping an eye on it the entire time.

January 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger kendalee said...

Congrats! :)

January 25, 2010 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home