This Page

has been moved to new address

Transitions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Art Ravels: Transitions

Art Ravels

Arts and Culture Unwound

Monday, May 24, 2010

Transitions

Lots of transitions this past week, from flying out of Mexico and landing in New York in the evening to the glimmer of city lights...

To a new (temporary) home by a different ocean in a rather chilly, wet climate....

Interspersed with lots of long subway rides...


Into Manhattan, which hasn't changed a bit.

I'm going through a bit of reverse culture shock. Even now that I've gotten some clothes out of storage and settled into a new space and seen old friends, I still answer people with a "si" instead of a "yes" and am overwhelmed by the subway at rush hour. This week should be a bit easier, so hopefully I can tell you about my (incorrect) assumption that visiting the New Museum's Skin Fruit exhibition would help me ease into things by reminding me how much I love the art scene here.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger William Evertson said...

I will be very curious to see how long it will take you to catch up. It seems like I've spent more time than my bank account can afford trying to see everything I should and I know I'm only scratching the surface.

May 24, 2010 at 12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm seriously going to start living vicariously through you. You're certainly seeing the world and experiencing a lot.

May 26, 2010 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger jafabrit said...

yep, since I am stuck in the middle of Ohio most of the time I definately enjoy seeing art through your eyes in your travels.

May 26, 2010 at 8:20 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Thanks guys, I'll be very curious to see how this next part of the adventure plays out too.

May 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home