This Page

has been moved to new address

Death of Chatterton

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Art Ravels: Death of Chatterton

Art Ravels

Arts and Culture Unwound

Monday, February 7, 2011

Death of Chatterton

I have now carried Schiller's On the Naive and Sentimental in Literature around for two weeks now, thinking that no doubt soon I would finish it--say, if my subway car was stuck somewhere overnight. That did not happen, I did not delve much further into his distinction between naive and sentimental poets, and now it is due back at the library. And that is that.

Death of Chatterton, Henry Wallis, 1856

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

What an unsentimental an unceremonious end to your naive foray ... ;)

February 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger davidikus said...

I remember this painting for being on the cover of the edition of the Chatterton which I once read.

Ihave to say I never read works by Chatetrton himself. or Schille. Shameful, isn't it?

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

February 7, 2011 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Art said...

Very un-sentimental.:)

Yes, Chatterton by Peter Ackroyd had that cover--great novel.

February 8, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home