This Page

has been moved to new address

ComputerHelp

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Art Ravels: ComputerHelp

Art Ravels

Arts and Culture Unwound

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ComputerHelp


ForthelastfewdaysI'vebeenpostingfrommyboyfriend'scomputer
asIcopiedmyharddrivetoanexternalone.
Youcanseetheproblem.
Somebodyspilleda(huge)glassofwateronmykeyboard.
Thespacebarsistheonlythingthatdoesn'twork-
sofar.

AnyIdeas?

Besidesmakingthismy"signature"writingstyle,thatis.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

Mydecidedlyunexpertadvicewouldbethat ... wow, it's contagious Art.

Is it a laptop? I assume it is a desktop, because otherwise the damage would have been greater and harmed the computer. Something similar happened to me in the past and I was able to coax the drowned keys back in from their strike by using a hair drier (on a cool setting) and tapping on them gently. Definitely turn the computer off before you try this (or put your camera on so we can watch!!)

If a laptop/notebook, check the following link (http://www.ehow.com/video_113626_clean-laptop-spills.html).

For a desktop keyboard go to http://www.ehow.com/video_113592_clean-keyboard-spills.html

Good luck.

February 3, 2010 at 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - What bad luck...
Hope you were able to save your novel that we're all waiting to read?

February 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger William Evertson said...

I'm just imagining that you're talking reallyreallyfast.

February 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Steerforth said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Steerforth said...

It's surprisingly easy to read. Spaces are so 2009.

February 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Awesome,Ishouldbegoodwiththisthen.It'salaptop,Idrieditoutwithahairdryerandletitsit,
thenIgotmynoveloffofit,thankgod,incaseanythingelsegoeswrong,
butIwouldliketohavemyspeacebarback.

Atleastit'slegableandotherwisefunctioning.

February 3, 2010 at 1:20 PM  
Blogger Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

I definitely feel for you. I am a translator and get paid by the word as per the word count in the translated document. So if I had no space bar a 40 page document would translate into one word and around 10 cents pay. I shudder just to think about it ...

February 3, 2010 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Suzanne DeCuir said...

What a drag - try posting your question on ask.com and hope that a nice techie will reply with a solution. Good luck!

February 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home