This Page

has been moved to new address

Making Purple in Mexico

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Art Ravels: Making Purple in Mexico

Art Ravels

Arts and Culture Unwound

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making Purple in Mexico



Beautiful slideshow will take you through the traditional process of dyeing yarn purple with Murex in Oaxaca, Mexico. (Found this while inspired by my Colors book, even though I haven't gotten to purple yet. I did learn in my blacks and browns chapter that, similar to the Murex process, the color sepia comes from ink excreted by a cuttlefish.)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

The slideshow is captivatingly beautiful and very informative. Thanks. After reading your previous post, I have taken a look at the V. Finlay book and am looking forward to more of your color explorations and findings.

December 7, 2011 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Art said...

Glad you enjoyed it! I thought it was beautful too.

December 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home